The mill rate now is at 60.343, which is a slight decrease from the actual 2018-19 number of 60.415. The board originally approved a mill rate of 60.876 at a recent meeting, but district officials were able to make some changes to get the rate down.
Tonganoxie High School Marching Band members got to break in the new turf at Beatty Field this past week. THS band director Charles Van Middelsworth led his students in this year’s band camp. Van Middlesworth said that 82 THS students participated in this year’s camp, which took place Aug. 5-9 at THS. The members split time with practice between the THS band room and the football field.
Demi Hull of the Tonganoxie FFA Chapter participated in the Kansas FFA District Officer’s Conference on Saturday and Sunday at the Marriott Convention Center in Junction City. Hull serves as the East Central District Treasurer.
- Tonganoxie Community Historic Site open for visitors August 21
- TOPS Meeting in Tonganoxie August 22
- Tonganoxie Community Historic Site open for visitors August 28
- TOPS Meeting in Tonganoxie August 29
- Jeremy and Kassidie Karns, a boy.
- Jesse and Rebecca Moore, a boy.
- Dylan and Harley Puhr, a girl.
- Jessica Bayliff, a boy.
- Lane and Carrie Stamper, a girl.