Leavenworth County Housing Summit
- When: Thursday, April 22, 2010, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Where: Falcon Lakes, Leavenworth
- Cost: Not available
- Age limit: Not available
- Categories: Community
A Leavenworth County Housing Summit will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. today, Thursday, at Falcon Lakes, 4301 N. 141st St.
The day will go as follows:
• 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.: Development and growth update. Learn about trends and opportunity for growth in Leavenworth County communities, as well as new jobs or events sparking population growth and what programs are available for housing development. Speakers are J.C. Tellefson, Leavenworth County; Mayor Ken Bernard and Nolan Sunderman, with the City of Lansing; Andrea Adkins, City of Leavenworth; Mike Yanez, City of Tonganoxie; Mark Loughry, City of Basehor; Connie Glen, Fort Leavenworth; and Brent Miles, Wyandotte County.
• 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m.: Speakers and regional update. Learn about trends and growth opportunities in the Kansas City Metro Area and how Leavenworth County fits in the scheme of things. Speakers are Cindy Green, KC Realtor Association, and Phil Perry, KC Homebuilders Association.
• 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Breakout and roundtable discussions.
This is a free event sponsored by the Leavenworth County Economic Development/ Chamber Alliance: Leavenworth County Development Corporation, Cities of Leavenworth, Lansing, Basehor and Tonganoxie, Leavenworth Main Street Program, Leavenworth/Lansing, Basehor and Tonganoxie Chambers of Commerce.