LAD looking for highway solutions
The Leavenworth Area Development has amended recommendations it has sent to county commissioners concerning the alignment of U.S. Highway 24-40 west of Tonganoxie.
Originally, LAD officials recommended to Leavenworth County commissioners that the commission ask the state to widen U.S. Highway 24-40 to four lanes between Tonganoxie and U.S. Highway 59 north of Lawrence. However, on Monday the development group altered that recommendation, said Gary Carlson, LAD executive director. The new suggestion calls for a new "undefined" alignment of U.S. Highway 24 from Tonganoxie west to U.S. 24 west of Perry.
"The alignment desired should be as direct a route as possible to connect with the existing four-lane highway west of Perry " Carlson said in a letter to commissioners.
The revised position comes at the request of Tonganoxie officials, Carlson said.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie football stays perfect with road victory at Atchison
- McLouth High bonfires, scavenger hunts and games all part of homecoming week
- Tonganoxie High football season opens Friday at Spring Hill; 2 games to be on TV
- Scrimmages, introductions to showcase many Tonganoxie High teams tonight
- McLouth teams drop road games