Lawrence arts association sponsors annual holiday fair
The Lawrence Art Guild Association is sponsoring its annual art fair Saturday in Lawrence.
The fair is scheduled from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the Lawrence Arts Center, 200 W. Ninth.
Among the numerous artists who will display and sell their works are Bob Gent, David Van Hee, Celia Smith and Constance Ehrlich. This event is based on artwork that exhibits originality, craftsmanship, imaginative use of materials, and aesthetic qualities. The artists are judged by a screening committee for overall quality of the work. Live music will be performed throughout the day, and refreshments will also be available.
The Holiday Art Fair creates a festive environment to enjoy the works of many area artists. Some of the artists in this years event include: A social hour with food and drinks is scheduled from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
The Lawrence Art Guild Association, a not-for-profit organization, promotes arts awareness in Lawrence and the surrounding areas and supports the creative growth of its members and area artists.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie spa owner Lindsey Schubert
- Kansas CIty Connection: Fall chock-full of colorful events
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball
- Accomplished musicians to perform Sunday at First Congregational Church of Tonganoxie
- Kansas City Connection: A bakery to satisfy your cookie addiction