Register of deeds selected for Leavenworth County
Stacy Driscoll, 33, a lifetime Leavenworth County resident, will finish the unexpired term of register of deeds Susie Parmer, who is retiring.
Driscoll said she has worked in the abstracting, land and title business for 14 years. She currently works for Tri-County Title in Leavenworth.
"I'm real excited about serving as register of deeds," Driscoll said Tuesday. "It's been a goal of mine and I'm hoping, with my knowledge, that it will be an easy transition for me to take over."
Driscoll ran against Parmer in the 1996 primary election.
Parmer, who has served as register of deeds for 35 years, said precinct officers selected Driscoll to fill her position, which expires in 2001. Driscoll was approved Saturday afternoon on a 20-9 vote.
"I have offered to have her come on in the office to learn ahead of time," Parmer said.
Driscoll said she isn't sure when she will start, but said she officially takes over on Jan. 4.
A 1984 graduate of Lansing High School, Driscoll lives in Leavenworth with her husband, Bill Driscoll Jr., and their daughter, Lindsay, 13.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Bonner Springs balloon fest puts the helium in Halloween
- Kansas City Connection: It’s showtime for theater festivals
- Kansas CIty Connection: Fall chock-full of colorful events
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Archaeologists from across US searching for Kansas artifacts