John Joseph Gilliland
John Joseph Gilliland, 86, Tonganoxie, died Friday, Dec. 10, 1999, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital, Lawrence.
Services were Monday, Dec. 13, 1999, at the United Methodist Church, Tonganoxie, with the Rev. YungBo Lee officiating.
Mr. Gilliland was born April 17, 1913, in Linwood, the son of Samuel and Dolly (Shrauger) Gilliland.
He was a farmer and a member of the Tonganoxie Senior Citizens.
Survivors include his wife, Doris Gilliland, of the home. Other survivors include two sons, Jack Gilliland, Blue Springs, Mo., and Keith Gilliland, Lawrence; four grandchildren; and six great grandchildren.
The family suggests memorials to the United Methodist Church, which may be sent in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P.O. Box 993, Tonganoxie 66086.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie USD 464 board discusses traffic issues at new school
- Tonganoxie USD 464 board approves plan to increase mill levy
- Tonganoxie USD 464 has 1 applicant for board opening; hires and resignations; Statehouse candidate visits meeting
- Kansas lawmakers consider measure to require parental consent for sex ed
- Tonganoxie School Board special meeting Thursday to cover potential LOB increase, freshman athletics