Lansing board OKs new members
It took only 10 minutes Monday night for the Lansing school board to acquire two new members.
"It's a done deal," said Paula Mengel, school board clerk.
At a meeting two weeks ago, board members could not agree on whom to appoint to fill two board vacancies. But they got the job done Monday night.
Keith Rickard will fill the vacancy created by Helen Wilber's resignation on Sept. 20, and Margie Jewell will fill the vacancy created by Tony Rush's resignation on Nov. 1.
The two new board members take office immediately. Rickard's term will expire in June 2001. Jewell's term actually expires in June 2003, but Mengel said Jewell will serve only until 2001, when the seat will be up for election.
"She can run for it and finish out the two years," Mengel said.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High School track teams look to build on 2014
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Longtime Tonganoxie council members to square off in mayoral race
- Tonganoxie Mayor candidate questionnaire: Bill Peak
- Tonganoxie groups continue to evaluate future options for shared buildings