Progress remains slow
Mike Waters, 31, suffering from head injuries received during a Nov. 21 vehicle accident, remains in serious but stable condition in the surgical intensive care unit at the University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kan., his mother said Monday night.
Shirley Waters said her son has not regained consciousness, but that he has moved his legs and occasionally blinks his eyes in response to questions.
"We're not giving up hope," Waters said.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Longtime Tonganoxie council members to square off in mayoral race
- Governor creates Social Services Policy Council
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action