Tonganoxie Scholars’ Bowl anticipating several meets
The Tonganoxie High School Scholars' Bowl season is in full swing.
It began on Oct. 26 when the team hosted a sophomore meet for 12 area teams. For Tonganoxie, Sarah Melchior, Nancy Milleret, Bryan Gurss and Keri Walker went 4-4 in pool play. Leavenworth High won the meet.
Since then, the Tonganoxie team has had four varsity and two JV meets.
The school's best showing was at Bonner Springs, where the varsity team of Darren Welch, Jordan Smith, Luke Manson, Eric Van Dyke and Jessica Sturgeon went 6-2 in pool play but were kept out of the finals by two 7-1 teams.
On Dec. 4 Tonganoxie competed at High-Q in Topeka and were disappointed in not placing.
Future events will include several invitational meets: Science/Math at Rockhurst College, the Kaw Valley League meet at Tonganoxie on Jan. 31 and regionals on Feb. 3.
More like this story
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal