Warrior wrestlers pinning opponents
The junior high wrestling team has competed at two double duals this fall.
Nov. 4 at Eudora, the team competed with Eudora and Lansing.
The team won 15 matches by pins and finished 15-11 at Eudora.
Chard Starcher, Hunter Samuels, Zach Ditty, Ross Starcher and Matt Weyer each had two pins. Clay Lamb, Andy Koontz, Jerry Hartshorn, Joe Guinn and Jake McGhee each pinned one opponent.
Bill DeWitt and Dean Moss coach the team.
"This is a good group of guys," DeWitt said.
"I wish the season was longer so we could get even more accomplished," he said.
"This is one of the best junior high groups I've seen so far attitude and skill wise," Moss said.
Monday night, the team competed with Pierson Junior High from the Turner school district and Leavenworth East Junior High School.
Tonganoxie lost all four matches against Pierson. The team only brought a handful of wrestlers, all of them bigger.
Tonganoxie's strength right now is in the lower weight classes, DeWitt said.
Tonganoxie wrestlers pinned the first five Leavenworth East opponents.
Lamb, Koontz, Samuels, Chad Starcher, Ross Starcher, Hartshorn, Calovich and Weyer won.
Tonganoxie and Leavenworth East tied, 48-48.
The Warriors wrestle at 4 p.m., Nov. 22 at Linwood.
More like this story
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Carlisle no longer Tonganoxie High principal