Dorothy Mae Jennings1917-1999
Dorothy Mae Jennings, 82, of Bonner Springs, Kan., died Wednesday, Oct. 20, 1999, at the Tonganoxie Nursing Center in Tonganoxie, Kan.
She was born Oct. 12, 1917, in Meriden, Kan., the daughter of Ray and Ollie Nellie Jane Cunning Brooks. She had lived in Bonner Springs for 47 years.
Mrs. Jennings was a homemaker and had worked as a waitress for many years in Bonner Springs and Tonganoxie.
She was married to Edward "Ed" H. Jennings on May 24, 1938 at Oskaloosa, Kan. He survives at the home.
Other survivors include two sons, Donald Beers, Quenemo, Kan., and Billie Dean Jennings, Bonner Springs, Kan.; one daughter, Bonnie J. Hein, Basehor, Kan.; nine grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren and six great great-grandchildren. One brother, Alva E. Brooks preceded her in death, in 1996.
Funeral services were held Saturday at the Barnett Funeral Home in Oskaloosa. Burial was at the Oak Ridge Cemetery in Perry, Kan.
Memorials may be made to the Leavenworth County Hospice organization and sent in care of the Barnett Funeral Home, 820 Liberty, P. O. Box 416, Oskaloosa, Kan., 66066
More like this story
- Kansas regents hold tuition, fee increases to 3.6 percent
- Presidents of 4 Kansas universities decline salary increase
- Kansas schools, colleges, hospitals would feel sting of cuts
- Tongnoxie USD 464 board cuts teacher position, freshman athletics events
- Reopening Riddle Boys Ranch concerns some Kansas schools