Funeral services for Junior Lee "Jim" Witt, 72, Lawrence, Kan., will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday, Oct. 25, 1999, at West Haven Baptist Church, Tonganoxie, Kan. Mr. Witt died Oct. 20, 1999, at Lawrence Memorial Hospital. Mr. Witt had been a resident of the Lawrence area since 1965.
He was a truck driver and rancher. He worked for United Transport 32 years, until his retirement in 1989. He served in the US. Army during World War II in the Japanese theatre. He was a member of Dorsey-Liberty Post No. 14, American Legion and the Mt. Oread Aerie 0309, FOE.
He was born April 9, 192, in Montreal, Mo., the son of Richard Lee and Althea Thornton Witt.
He married Virginia Price on May 5, 1952, in Arkansas. She preceded him in death on Oct. 15, 1993. He is survived by one daughter, Patricia Ann Witt-Lange, Kansas City, Kan.; one son, Michael James Witt, Pass Christian, Miss.; three brothers, Robert "Bob" Witt, Bevier, Mo., Walter Witt Kansas City, Kan., David Witt, Bonner Springs, Kan.; two sisters, Jessie Forbes and Georgia Knight both of Kansas City, Kan.; seven grandchildren and four great-grandchildren.
Burial will be in Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie, Kan. The family will greet friends from 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday at Warren-McElwain Mortuary. The family suggests memorials to the Duchesne Clinic, 636 Tauromee, Kansas City, Kan., 66101 and may be sent in care of the mortuary.
More like this story
- Insurance Department studying continuing education programs
- Overland Park giving $25K to Skywalk Memorial
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie Planning Commission member Steve Gumm
- Tonganoxie USD 464 moving end-of-year balance to help cover facility improvements
- Tonganoxie USD 464 board picks new member; FTE enrollment up; library building discussed; contracts, resignations approved