Roberta Mildred Angell1920-1999
Roberta Mildred Angell, 79, Tonganoxie, died Tuesday, Oct. 19, 1999, at the Tonganoxie Nursing Center.
Graveside services were held Friday, Oct. 22, 1999, at Hubbel Hill Cemetery, Tonganoxie.
Mrs. Angell was born June 1, 1920, in McLouth, Kan., the daughter of Ollie and May (Lee) Beech. She retired in 1983 as a Human Relations Officer for Southwestern Bell Telephone Co. in Shawnee Mission, Kan. and had worked as chief operator for many years in the Lawrence, Kan., office. She was a member of the First Congregational Church, Tonganoxie, Kan., and the past president of the Tonganoxie Sertoma Club. The flower gardens at her country home were enjoyed by her friends and neighbors and had been included on the Lawrence Garden Tour. She was married June 22, 1940 in Tonganoxie, to Fred G. (Pete) Angell.
She is survived by her husband, Fred G. (Pete) Angell, of the home; one sister, Elsie Snyder, Hutchison, Kan., and many nieces and nephews.
The family suggests memorials to the Douglas County Visiting Nursing Association or to the Church in care of Quisenberry Funeral Home, P. O. Box 993, Tonganoxie, Kan., 66086.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie School Board OKs putting LOB question on ballot
- Tonganoxie School Board special meeting Thursday to cover potential LOB increase, freshman athletics
- Tongnoxie USD 464 board cuts teacher position, freshman athletics events
- Tonganoxie USD 464 board discusses traffic issues at new school
- Tonganoxie students pitch in to help