Downtown park a welcome addition
What a wonderful idea that Richard and Nancy Smith have to beautify the former downtown alley that ran through the north side of the 400 block of East Fourth Street.
Richard Smith's accounting firm is just west of the former alley, and he and his wife, Nancy, plan to turn the space into a pocket park. A sidewalk poured last week will allow pedestrians to walk through the park from downtown to the Tonganoxie Public Library.
Nancy Smith is a gardner who publishes Back in Thyme, a quarterly journal about historical plants. It will be exciting to see what her exceptional talents will bring to downtown Tonganoxie. The couple plan a variety of plantings, as well as a park bench and a streetlamp.
They will give the citizens of Tonganoxie a special place to pause in our downtown that is getting more beautiful, day by day.
More like this story
- Kansas Wesleyan unveils new majors, changes to curriculum
- Changes in funding could change online offerings in Kansas
- Tech education incentives cut for Kansas school districts
- Kansas State awards $500K in grants for global food research
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom