Putthoff promoted to rank of sergeant
As part of Tonganoxie Police Chief Kenny Carpenter's effort to establish a chain of command, Officer John Putthoff will be promoted to the rank of sergeant/investigator.
This promotion was approved by the City Council at Monday night's meeting. Investigative duties will now be assigned to the sergeant position as opposed to training someone for the position.
Carpenter said he felt Putthoff was the right person for the position because of his extensive experience, his level of training and his aptitude. With the promotion, Putthoff's salary increased by 69 cents, to $12.90 an hour.
"I will basically be doing the same thing I have been doing," Putthoff said. "There will be more paperwork. I have been doing investigations for awhile. Most everyone usually does followups on their own. I will start to do more."
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council holds off on excise tax decision for church
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Kansas House approves bill revising land annexation process
- Tonganoxie City Council agenda for April 6, 2015
- Tonganoxie City Council approves Mayor Ward's appointments