James Christian, 56, Lawrence, reported that a fire extinguisher was thrown through the window of a house between 1 a.m. and 7 a.m. last Friday in the Eagle Valley Subdivision. The estimated loss was $125, according to police reports.
Leavenworth County Sheriff
Les Harlan, Madison, reported that two traffic barricades on the Stranger Creek Bridge at Leavenworth Road were destroyed between last Wednesday and Monday. Estimated loss was $1,000, according to the sheriff's department.
A vehicle driven by Gregory Walter, 26, McLouth, was traveling west on U.S. Highway 24-40 at 2:30 a.m. Sunday when he swerved to miss a deer and his vehicle ran into the ditch. The sheriff's department estimated the vehicle received more than $500 in damage.
A vehicle driven by Hector Gutierrez, 32, Leavenworth, struck a deer on Kansas Highway 5 at 6:30 a.m. Sunday. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $500, according to the sheriff's department.
A vehicle driven by Kirby Sullivan, 37, Conceptional Junction, Mo., collided Thursday with a vehicle driven by Lee Carmitchell, 44, Basehor at U.S. Highway 24-40 and 155th Street. No one was injured, but damage to the vehicles was estimated at more than $500, the sheriff's department said.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High girls soccer falls to Louisburg in season opener; other teams to start season next week
- Tonganoxie school board begins superintendent search groundwork
- THS golf finishes 4th at Hayden Invitational; schedules change again for Chieftain baseball, soccer
- Tonganoxie, McLouth teams prepare for regional, substate assignments
- Ballot question debate moves along slowly; sign ordinance tabled; public hearing set