Tonganoxie girl receives scholarhip
Michelle Beasley, Tonganoxie, has been awarded a memorial scholarship and a music award from Kansas Wesleyan University, Salina.
The KWU Memorial Scholarship awards $3,000 per year to high school seniors and transfer students with a GPA of at least 3.0 and an ACT composite score of 20 or SAT score of 950. These awards are renewable with a maintained GPA of 3.0.
Beasley has attended Highland Community College, Johnson County Community College and Dodge City Community College. She has participated in the symphonic wind ensemble, pep band and will receive her associate of arts degree in music in May.
She is the daughter of Marlin and Diane Beasley.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Ugly sweaters, Legos for adults and KU basketball at the Sprint Center
- Education officials say schools need reshaped for the future
- Topeka teens' music making rounds on Internet
- Kansas City Connection: 36 Months in Kansas City
- Battle lines being drawn over Kansas school district 'realignment' bill