Arts center offering workshops
The Carnegie Arts Center in Leavenworth is offering several workshops and classes this month.
An Arts Workshop for Teens will run from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. from Aug. 7 through Aug. 11. Instructors will be Miguel Rodriguez of the Kansas City Art Institute and Cara Weeks of the University of Kansas. Visual arts will be the concentration covering drawing, clay and painting as the primary mediums.
The Center and Frank Geib, instructor, are offering courses in Ballroom Dance. Bring your partner and learn to foxtrot, waltz, swing, cha-cha, rumba and merenge from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Aug. 1 through Aug. 29. The class is for people 16 and older.
Caligraphy I and II will be offered from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Aug. 8 through Aug. 29 for people 16 and older.
Caligraphy I introduces students to the use of the broad-edged pen and the basic lower case italic style. Calligraphy II teaches intermediate students a compatible capital alphabet along with variations and swashes.
Call (913) 651-0765 to enroll.
More like this story
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Lawmakers to again consider policy on police body cameras
- Leavenworth County liquor store allegedly sells to undercover 19-year-old
- Man found dead after standoff in Kansas City, Kan.
- No charges after federal probe into Kansas election loans