Mutual Savings planning expansion
A Tonganoxie financial institution plans to remodel and expand its downtown offices.
"The preliminary plans we're looking at now would entail an expansion eastward," said David Hoppes, president of Mutual Savings Association.
The expansion of the Tonganoxie office at 403 E. Fourth would double the size of the building by adding about 1,200 square feet, Hoppes said. In addition, plans call for an additional drive-up lane and an Automated Teller Machine.
"This would allow us to have a couple of more private offices in the lobby," Hoppes said.
The company has purchased the house north of its branch, which Hoppes said soon would be razed. Mutual has no immediate plans for that property.
"To do this expansion, we don't need that property to the north of us," he said.
It was important, Hoppes said, for the company to remain downtown.
"All of our branches are downtown in all of the communities that we're in," he said. "That's been important to us. We believe those downtown areas are critical. Where we believe that the downtown is viable, we want to do everything we can to support the downtown and remain somewhat of an anchor downtown."
Hoppes said he hopes construction would begin early this fall.
More like this story
- Kaw Valley League's future in limbo; Tonganoxie could be headed to Frontier League
- Tonganoxie High takes second place at Washburn Math Day
- Three northeast Kansas school officials won't return next year
- Tonganoxie forensics team wins overall titles in frist weekend of competition
- Knights of Columbus free-throw contest is this weekend