William S. and Dorothy J. (Mooney) Fannin will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary with a reception for family and friends from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at Building One of the Douglas County 4-H Fairgrounds in Lawrence.
The couple were married Dec. 7, 1950, in Topeka. They have lived in rural Leavenworth County for 50 years.
Mr. Fannin was self-employed, and the couple owned and operated a sawmill for several years.
The Fannins have two children, Steve, of rural Tonganoxie, and Donna, of rural Lawrence; two grandchildren; and three stepgrandchildren.
More like this story
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Kansas court considers handling of school funding lawsuit
- Kansas to hold meetings, consider options for drone usage
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Kansas changing notification for vehicle tag renewals