Dishonoring our military
The presidential election is finally winding down. This election did not respect our service men and women. It violated their constitutional right to be heard. People in the military do not have the luxury of protesting the election. It is against the Constitution for them to speak out under threat of court martial.
The only option they have is the Veterans of Foreign Wars and the American Legion representing them, which both organizations failed to do.
In the future, I only hope these organizations will respect the many veterans and active duty military by not sticking their heads in the sand, the way they did this time.
Dave Taylor, Tonganoxie
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High boys soccer ties KC Christian on Senior Night, finishes regular season unbeaten
- Tonganoxie High soccer opens 4-1A regionals as No. 4 seed
- Monster 2nd quarter key in 45-7 Tonganoxie High victory; THS still undefeated heading into Week 9
- 2017 Tonganoxie High boys soccer season results
- Tonganoxie High boys soccer opens regionals as No. 1 seed