Search continues for Jarbalo man
Three months have passed since John Brezgiel disappeared from a Leavenworth shopping center.
So far, his family and friends have heard no word about the 73-year-old Jarbalo man who suffers from Parkinson's disease. Brezgiel last was seen heading for his car in the parking lot of Leavenworth Plaza. That was Sept. 20.
"It's a bewilderment," said his wife, Scotty. "I thought he should have been found a month ago, when the hunters went out."
Leavenworth County Sheriff's Detective Ron Ewert also is stymied.
"We don't have a clue where the man is or what happened to him," Ewert said.
For several weeks after Brezgiel's disappearance, Ewert received telephone calls about possible sightings. But none panned out.
"We haven't heard a word for a long time," he said.
Now, Scotty Brezgiel is planning a special mass to celebrate her husband's life.
"In January, we'll try to put a little bit of closure to it," she said. "But it won't be closure for the family and a lot of his closer friends."
More like this story
- Kansas House approves bill revising land annexation process
- Kansas firm criticized for plan to hike electric rates $152 million
- No charges after federal probe into Kansas election loans
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals
- Bond increase for Kansas man charged with molestation