Group should poise itself for the future
During the past four years, Pat Albert's name has been synonymous with the Tonganoxie Chamber of Commerce.
Earlier this month, he stepped down as the organization's president, and the group selected Bill Grant as its new leader.
The Tonganoxie business community owes Albert a debt of gratitude for the many hours he's spent during the past 48 months as the chamber president.
Albert says he'll remain an active member of the group, and that's a welcome statement.
He and Grant encourage all Tonganoxie business owners and operators to become active in the chamber.
As with any group, it often is the same few people who take on the nitty-gritty work of the chamber of commerce.
Grant hopes he can increase the number of active members in the Tonganoxie Chamber of Commerce.
It would be another positive step for the community if he were to succeed in that effort.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie USD 464 candidate questionnaire: Michelle McGhee
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate questionnaire: Curtis Oroke
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate questionnaire: Kara Reed
- Tonganoxie groups continue to evaluate future options for shared buildings