Student hospitalized after drug incident
Early Monday morning, a Tonganoxie High School student was taken by ambulance from the school to a hospital in a reported incidence of drug use.
Mike Bogart, principal, said the student remained conscious throughout the incident, which occurred about 9 a.m.
"But obviously, from the behavior, the substance was mood-altering," Bogart said.
Bogart said it was believed that the student had used the drug while on school property.
"From what we know, it happened here at school," he said, "And another student has been suspended."
School rules forbid the ingestion and distribution of controlled substances at school, Bogart said.
"We will be applying those guidelines to the situation," he added.
More like this story
- Man convicted in Jewish site killings is sentenced to death
- Kansas gun dealer to pay $132K to woman for selling to felon
- Kansas City, Kansas, activist challenges charges
- Junction City man gets life for operating cocaine ring
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park