Student hospitalized after drug incident
Early Monday morning, a Tonganoxie High School student was taken by ambulance from the school to a hospital in a reported incidence of drug use.
Mike Bogart, principal, said the student remained conscious throughout the incident, which occurred about 9 a.m.
"But obviously, from the behavior, the substance was mood-altering," Bogart said.
Bogart said it was believed that the student had used the drug while on school property.
"From what we know, it happened here at school," he said, "And another student has been suspended."
School rules forbid the ingestion and distribution of controlled substances at school, Bogart said.
"We will be applying those guidelines to the situation," he added.
More like this story
- Kansas gun dealer to pay $132K to woman for selling to felon
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Man accused of Jewish site shootings to appear in court
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence