Student hospitalized after drug incident
Early Monday morning, a Tonganoxie High School student was taken by ambulance from the school to a hospital in a reported incidence of drug use.
Mike Bogart, principal, said the student remained conscious throughout the incident, which occurred about 9 a.m.
"But obviously, from the behavior, the substance was mood-altering," Bogart said.
Bogart said it was believed that the student had used the drug while on school property.
"From what we know, it happened here at school," he said, "And another student has been suspended."
School rules forbid the ingestion and distribution of controlled substances at school, Bogart said.
"We will be applying those guidelines to the situation," he added.
More like this story
- Kansas Supreme Court upholds ex-lawman's murder conviction
- Kansas officials won't be charged in case of man wrongfully imprisoned for murder
- Judge throws out Kansas man's murder conviction
- Man convicted in Jewish site killings is sentenced to death
- Kansas authorities consider stiffer charges for couple of missing child possibly fed to pigs