Authorities seek additional clues in cross buring
A cross burning that occurred in Lansing last week is still under investigation, an FBI spokesperson said.
Jeff Lanza said the incident occurred at about 4 a.m. Feb. 13.
"Someone placed a homemade cross on a trailer hitch where an interracial couple lived," Lanza said. "They tried to start the cross on fire. The cross didn't actually start on fire, but they started a small grass fire."
No was injured in the incident.
It is not known how many people were involved, Lanza said. A melted gasoline can was found at the site.
"We're looking for whoever is responsible," he said.
More like this story
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest
- Some Tonganoxie residents unhappy with roaming buffalo
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Edwardsville police recover missing Airstream
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck