Authorities seek additional clues in cross buring
A cross burning that occurred in Lansing last week is still under investigation, an FBI spokesperson said.
Jeff Lanza said the incident occurred at about 4 a.m. Feb. 13.
"Someone placed a homemade cross on a trailer hitch where an interracial couple lived," Lanza said. "They tried to start the cross on fire. The cross didn't actually start on fire, but they started a small grass fire."
No was injured in the incident.
It is not known how many people were involved, Lanza said. A melted gasoline can was found at the site.
"We're looking for whoever is responsible," he said.
More like this story
- Kansas man charged with abuse after human remains found
- Father-son altercation leads to 5-hour Tonganoxie standoff
- Former Shawnee music teacher charged with molestation missing from house arrest
- Police officer lauded for how he handled shoplifting case
- 25 years on, disabilities act has changed lives of millions