Girls looking for answers
It was a disappointing week for John Lee, Tonganoxie girls basketball coach, and the Tonganoxie girls basketball team.
Lee said he hoped the team would rebound after the Immaculata loss. Instead, the Chieftains struggled, losing at Santa Fe Trail and DeSoto.
"I thought we were to the point were we were going to gel, and we just fell apart," Lee said.
The team got off to slow starts in both games, digging itself a hole it could never escape. Tonganoxie allowed 20 first-quarter points at DeSoto.
"We're not very focused for the game," Lee said.
The girls played Perry-Lecompton Tuesday night. Basehor-Linwood comes to town Friday night for senior night.
The girls could win both games if they play well. Wins would give the girls needed momentum as they enter substate play Monday. Tonganoxie will probably play at Bishop Ward.
"I think that we can get back into this, Lee said.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie voters to use paper ballots Tuesday
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books