Mobile home park plat receives OK
It's not clear yet when development will begin on a mobile home park, planned for the southeast corner of U.S. Highway 24-40 and Smiley Road.
Steve Sturgeon, who owns the property, said the mobile home park, which will contain about 100 lots, could be built in two phases. Sturgeon must obtain the city's approval of a site plan for the park before construction can begin. Last week, the Tonganoxie Planning Commission approved a preliminary plat for the 25-acre tract.
Also last week, commissioners asked that a family provide additional information about a manufactured home they would like to move onto a lot at Seventh Street and the former railroad right of way. The commission will consider the request at its next meeting, which begins at 7 p.m. Wednesday. At that meeting, commissioners will consider a plan to require underground utilities in subdivisions.
More like this story
- Longtime Tonganoxie council members to square off in mayoral race
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Kansas City Connection: City Market a hub for delicious ethnic food
- Tonganoxie candidates gather for forum
- Grass fires commonplace in recent days in Tonganoxie area