Dry-cleaning service and laundry planned
In a few months, Tonganoxie residents may be able to drop off their dry cleaning and pick it up the next day without leaving town.
Kevin Haislip, who owns Haislip Laundromat, said he's planning to remodel part of his business at 622 E. Fourth to accommodate the change.
Julie Lesher, who plans to manage the expanded business, provided details about the plans for the expanded business.
Plans call for customers to drop off their dry cleaning at the downtown site, and the clothes will be transported to Harris Brothers Cleaners in Leavenworth and returned to Tonganoxie, ready for pickup the next day. In addition, Lesher said, laundry service will be offered.
Lesher said she anticipates starting gradually, and then expanding.
For example, she said, the laundry service might be offered every other day. But she would offer dry-cleaning dropoff from, say, 8 a.m. to noon and 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
"That way, if you don't have an opportunity to catch us in the morning, then you can on your way home," she said.
Lesher, who was born and raised in Tonganoxie, said she's eager for construction and cleanup to be completed in the Haislip building.
"I'm guessing in the next two months, we'll be up and running," she said.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Health officials confirm tuberculosis case in Olathe