Little Angels director has state credentials
Cheryl Denholm's job at Little Angels Learning Center has changed, now that she's earned certification from the state of Kansas to direct a child-care center.
Denholm recently met the qualifications for program director, which means she can serve as director of a center that serves 100 children, infants through 12 years of age. The Kansas Department of Health and Environment certified Denholm.
Now, Denholm is director of Little Angels, working closely with owners Connie and David Delladio. Denholm now is director of the center, while Connie Delladio is regional director.
Denholm, who previously was lead teacher, said that if the Delladios open a second center, she would handle day-to-day operations here. David Delladio said the couple is looking in the Bonner Springs-Basehor area for site for a second learning center.
"It may be awhile before I'm actually on my own here," said Denholm, who has worked at the center for about 2 1/2 years. "Right now, we are working together to ensure we have the exact lessons plans that we want to work with so when a second center gets started, we're both working on the same thing."
More like this story
- First land bank lots from Fort Riley overbuilding to be sold
- Incumbent Bixby hopes for another term as crowded primary looms Tuesday
- Kansas official: Plans not firm for American Royal project in Kansas City
- Overland Park approves 165-mile bicycle network
- Hill touts career experiences in Leavenworth County Commission race