Chamber to tout attributes of Tonganoxie at home show
The Tonganoxie Chamber of Commerce plans to spread the word in Kansas City about how great the living and working is in Tonganoxie.
At the Greater Kansas City Home Show, which runs March 23-26, representatives of Tonganoxie plan to tout the attributes of the city. The event is set for Bartle Hall in Kansas City, Mo.
For now, a homebuilders committee and chamber members are organizing Tonganoxie's participation in the home show. A number of businesses and individuals are contributing goods and funds to cover the cost of the booth.
The Mirror plans a "Progress" edition that will be published in the March 22 newspaper and given away at Tonganoxie's booth during the show.
The special edition will highlight many aspects of the community, including its businesses, social, spiritual, community and educational offerings.
The edition also will underscore the entire Southern Leavenworth County area's potential for growth and its expanding business community.
"We want to send everyone away from the show with something from Tonganoxie," said Pat Albert, chamber of commerce president.
Albert emphasized that although the homebuilders committee is working on the show, the point of exhibiting is to promote Tonganoxie as a place to both live and work.
Volunteers are needed for the event.
To volunteer, or for additional information, contact the chamber office, 845-9244.
More like this story
- Former Tonganoxie superintendent resigns from same post in Lawrence, plans to take other position in that district, pending board approval
- Tonganoxie USD 464 candidate questionnaire: Kaija Baldock
- Longtime educator, coach settles in as Tonganoxie High AD
- Weigh in on Kansas Day with The Mirror and social media
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie educator Nichole Gurwell