Chris Seufert and Angel Collins, Durham, N.C., announce their engagement.
The future bride is the daughter of Don and Gail Collins, Tonganoxie. She is a 1991 graduate of Tonganoxie High School who attended Johnson County Community College and Mount Mercy College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. She works as the office manager and as benefits coordinator for SmartOnline.com in Research Triangle Park, N.C.
The future groom is the son of Linda and Louis Seufert, III, Tonganoxie. He graduated from Tonganoxie High School in 1992. He earned a bachelor's degree from Macalester College in St. Paul, Minn. He is in his second year of law school at Duke University. He will work this summer at three Kansas City-area law firms.
The couple plan an Aug. 12, 2000, wedding in DeSoto.
How they met
Angel tells us: "There's no story for us, really. We both grew up in Tonganoxie. I baby-sat his cousins while I was young. His aunt and uncle are my parents' next-door neighbors, and I've known his grandmother since I was small. When we got into high school, we had some classes together and we both were involved in athletics, where we got to know one another. We started dating around Valentine's Day of my senior year, 1991."
More like this story
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives
- Proposed amendment would end Kansas grocery sales tax
- Legislators expect extened session with 'significant tax increase' on horizon
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas lawmakers' tax plan makes numerous policy changes