LaVerne Potter retires from farm agency
Farmers and landowners visiting the Farm Service Agency in Leavenworth may miss the smiling face of LaVerne Potter, who retired last week.
Potter, who had worked at FSA for 13 years, had handled farm program contracts and eligibility files for about 650 farmers and landowners in the Leavenworth and Wyandotte county area.
Married to Austin Potter, LaVerne Potter said she is looking forward to retirement.
"I want to spend more time with my family," she said. "And I'm going to baby-sit my new grandchild as soon as it gets born," she added.
Potter said her grandchild was expected to be born this week.
More like this story
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row