LaVerne Potter retires from farm agency
Farmers and landowners visiting the Farm Service Agency in Leavenworth may miss the smiling face of LaVerne Potter, who retired last week.
Potter, who had worked at FSA for 13 years, had handled farm program contracts and eligibility files for about 650 farmers and landowners in the Leavenworth and Wyandotte county area.
Married to Austin Potter, LaVerne Potter said she is looking forward to retirement.
"I want to spend more time with my family," she said. "And I'm going to baby-sit my new grandchild as soon as it gets born," she added.
Potter said her grandchild was expected to be born this week.
More like this story
- Kansas regents approve new gun policy to comply with state law; university policies to come next
- Kansas State of State address: Brownback appeals to GOP base
- Kansas' governor defends state's new guns-on-campus law
- Mott would be Kansas' first transgender House member
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups