Project graduation plans Bingo Night
Between bingo and cookbooks, organizers of Tonganoxie High School's Project Graduation hope to raise funds.
Project Graduation is an alcohol- and drug-free party held each year for Tonganoxie High School seniors following graduation. This year's event will be from 10 p.m. May 20 to 5 a.m. May 21 at Sport 2 Sport in Lawrence.
The Project Graduation 2000 organization committee has been working for the past several months to raise money for prizes for the event.
The Senior Chieftain Cookbook now is on sale for $10 at Mutual Savings, Hairtique Salon, Community National Bank, S&S Body Shop, First State Bank, Backporch Friends and Anton's Hallmark.
In addition, the planning committee has set a Bingo Night for Feb. 26. The event is planned to be in the Tonganoxie Junior High School commons area. The evening kicks off with a taco dinner from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Bingo gets started at 7 p.m. The cost to play bingo will be $10 for all night or $1 for each game. The cost of dinner has not yet been determined.
Meetings of the planning committee will be at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 9 and at 4 p.m. Feb. 20, both at Community National Bank.
For more information about Project Graduation or to volunteer to help with the event, call Vicki Starcher, 845-3148 or 845-3053, or Nancy Schneider, 369-3193 or 369-3499.
More like this story
- Kansas issues $400 million in highway construction bonds
- Leavenworth County commissioners revoke bond support for proposed Tyson chicken plant near Tonganoxie
- Local candidates field questions at Eudora forum
- U.S. Senate to discuss funding food stamps program with grants
- Kansas health care advocates continue to push Medicaid expansion, despite slim prospects in Legislature