Applause for local schools
To the editor:
As a resident of Tonganoxie for the past six years, I have always felt we had good schools, but after working at the elementary school as a paraeducator for the past four and a half months, I have come to see that what we have is extraordinary. I have seen a group of people who constantly have the best interest of our children in mind. From the time they arrive at school, they are working to not only "teach" our children but to guide them through example. The thought that is given to each child on ways that can help teach and enrich is phenomenal. The backup support given by all the wonderful educators who don't teach a single grade level is also something to be applauded. The volunteers and volunteer center who give of themselves in so many ways to help support our children are another example of how our community is far richer than most. I've seen the caring and the true effort firsthand now, and I just wanted to share my view with all of Tonganoxie.
As a parent I would like to say thanks to all of you, not for what you teach, but for how you care.
More like this story
- Board approves sale of former Tonganoxie Elementary School
- Tonganoxie USD 464 board approves plan to increase mill levy
- Former Tonganoxie superintendent resigns from same post in Lawrence, plans to take other position in that district, pending board approval
- Tonganoxie Elementary School student to present TES history at historical society meeting
- Changes in funding could change online offerings in Kansas