3 arrested in murder of woman
Two Kansas City, Kan., cousins have been arrested with first-degree murder charges in connection with the death of a woman whose body was dumped near Stranger Creek in southern Leavenworth County.
Major David Zoellner, Leavenworth County undersheriff, said Jennifer A. Menger, 29, Kansas City, Mo., was strangled on the evening of June 13 in Kansas City, Kan. Later that night, her body was dumped in the Stranger Creek area. Seven days later, two fishermen saw Menger's body floating face-down in the creek, just east of Linwood. Officials rescued Menger's nude body from the Kansas River about two miles downstream from Stranger Creek.
Michael Eugene Reedy, 42, Kansas City, Kan., was arrested on a charge of first-degree murder. He was arrested last Thursday afternoon after being interviewed by Leavenworth County authorities. He remained in that jail on Monday.
Aaron Dowe Reedy, 22, Kansas City, Kan., who is a cousin of Michael Reedy, was arrested on a charge of first-degree murder. He remained in the Wyandotte County Jail on Monday.
Michael Reedy's wife, Amy Lee Reedy, 30, Kansas City, Kan., was arrested on a charge of aiding a felon. She is free on bond.
Zoellner said Menger was an acquaintance of the Reedys.
Leavenworth County investigators were aided in their work by the Kansas Bureau of Investigation. The case will be turned over to the Kansas City, Kan., police department and the Wyandotte County district attorney's office.
More like this story
- Monster 2nd quarter key in 45-7 Tonganoxie High victory; THS still undefeated heading into Week 9
- Tonganoxie football bid to knock off undefeated Atchison falls short
- Tonganoxie football holds on for 23-14 victory against Spring Hill, spoils opening night of new stadium
- Turnovers doom Tonganoxie football in district loss
- Tonganoxie football holds on again after big lead for 2nd victory of season