21-year-old man drowns in Perry
A 21-year-old McLouth man drowned Thursday night in Perry Lake, where he was boating with friends.
According to the Jefferson County sheriff's office, George Bogard was swimming shortly before 8 p.m. with a flotation device and let go of it to dive down and retrieve sunglasses.
Officials searched for about two hours Thursday until it became too dark to search. The search resumed Friday morning, and Bogard's body was recovered about 8:30 a.m. about a quarter-mile southwest of the Old Town boat ramp.
An obituary for Mr. Bogard appears on page 2A.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good