21-year-old man drowns in Perry
A 21-year-old McLouth man drowned Thursday night in Perry Lake, where he was boating with friends.
According to the Jefferson County sheriff's office, George Bogard was swimming shortly before 8 p.m. with a flotation device and let go of it to dive down and retrieve sunglasses.
Officials searched for about two hours Thursday until it became too dark to search. The search resumed Friday morning, and Bogard's body was recovered about 8:30 a.m. about a quarter-mile southwest of the Old Town boat ramp.
An obituary for Mr. Bogard appears on page 2A.
More like this story
- Senate advances bill granting limited access to cold case missing person files
- Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office investigating body found near Tonganoxie
- Leavenworth seeks scores of historical photos
- Education officials say schools need reshaped for the future
- Leavenworth County authorities searching for inmate worker who left jail Thursday night