County’s advance ballots available
Voting isn't reserved for Election Day anymore.
Advance voting now is under way in Leavenworth County for the Aug. 1 primary election. Any registered voter may vote by advance ballot before the election, without specifying a reason, according to Linda Scheer, Leavenworth County clerk.
Scheer stressed that all voters must first complete an application form requesting to vote by advance ballot. Applications are available at the clerk's office in the Leavenworth County Courthouse or at the county annex in Tonganoxie. Applications also can be mailed to voters, Scheer said.
The deadline for the clerk to mail voting ballots is 5 p.m. July 28. And advance ballots must be returned to the clerk's office by 7 p.m. on Election Day, Aug. 1.
No one may apply for ballots on behalf of someone else. However, a sick, disabled or illiterate voter may request a ballot and be assisted by another person as long as that person files an affidavit of assistance with Scheer's office.
The county clerk's office at the courthouse will be open until 8 p.m. two days next week Wednesday and Thursday to accommodate voters who want to vote an advance ballot. The deadline for voting at the clerk's office is noon July 31.
For additional information, call Sheer's office, (913) 684-0420.
More like this story
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate questionnaire: Melynda Harbour
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate: Charles (Tuna) Conrad
- Kansas panel considers limits on public workers' bargaining