Survey presents an opportunity
The Tonganoxie school district wants to know what we think.
In a few weeks, Superintendent Richard Erickson will distribute a questionnaire to district patrons. The 31-question survey centers of a variety of topics, including student discipline, academic achievement, employee salaries and class sizes.
This survey presents an opportunity for parents and other school district taxpayers to speak out about schools.
Erickson says the survey takes only about 10 minutes to complete which represents a small investment of time for such an important public institution. Even district patrons who don't have children in schools should seize the opportunity to respond to the questionnaire. After all, tax dollars from all residents of the district are used to finance our schools.
In addition to general questions about the district, the survey gets into specifics what should be built on the district's 80-acre tract in the future and whether the district should establish a full-day kindergarten program at parents' expense.
Tonganoxie school district taxpayers should take the initative to find a survey and take the time to fill one out. We shouldn't miss this chance to make our opinions known.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Annual St. Patrick's Parade set for March 14