Thomas R. Elmer
Thomas R. Elmer
Services for Thomas R. Elmer, 83, DeSoto, were Saturday, July 15, 2000, at Savior Pastoral Center in Kansas City, Kan. Burial was in Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, Kansas City, Kan.
Mr. Elmer, a former Bonner Springs resident, died at his home on Tuesday, July 11, 2000. He was born May 22, 1917, in Kansas City Kan.
He was a lifelong resident of the Bonner Springs area. He worked in the Conservation Corps camps in Minnesota during World War II. He was a member of Sacred Heart Catholic Church in Bonner Springs.
A son, Edward, preceded him in death.
Survivors include his wife, Irma Elmer, of the home; eight sons, James, Tonganoxie, Timothy, Topeka, Thomas, Kansas City, Kan., Bill, Hoyt, Stephen and Wayne, both of DeSoto, Mark, Eudora, Tony, Leander, Texas; four daughters, Ann Hurt and Rosalie Goodwin, both of Linwood, Helen Newton, Tonganoxie, and Alicia Hayes, Bonner Springs; a sister, Catherine Curtis, Perry; 44 grandchildren; and 22 great-grandchildren.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Sacred Heart Catholic Church Building Fund. Alden-Harrington Funeral Home, Bonner Springs, handled arrangements.
More like this story
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action