Kansas House, 39th District
What are the top three issues facing the state of Kansas, and how would you address them, if elected?
Education funding reform, prison overcrowding and funding for community-based programs (developmentally and physically disabled and the frail elderly).
Should additional state funds be earmarked for the education of Kansas children in K-12? Explain your answer.
Until we have education funding reform, we should still increase the base per pupil and increase special education funding (no tax increases).
What unique qualifications would you bring to the job of state representative?
Experience four terms chairman financial institutions good constituents. Work and willingness to keep an open mind and listen.
What should be done at the state level to handle the effects of growth in northeast Kansas?
Possibly more low-interest loans to local governments for infrastructure. Access from 24-40 highway to I-70.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: The Sundry shows off its suppliers
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event