Donna Haynes and Cheryl Heywood announce the engagement of their children, Sheryl S. Richardson, Kansas City, Kan., and Dan M. Heywood, Linwood.
The future bride is the daughter of Willie Haynes, Kansas City, Kan., and Donna Haynes, Kansas City, Kan. she is a graduate of Rowland High School, Rowland, Calif.
The future groom is the son of Roy Heywood, Green Castle, Mo., and Cheryl Heywood, DeSoto. He works for Kmart Distribution Center in Lawrence.
The couple plan an Aug. 26, 2000, wedding in Lawrence.
How they met
Sheryl tells us: We met through a rose salesperson at a dance club.
He bought me a rose and sat and talked with me for quite some time.
I fell for him the moment he said, "Hello."
We are getting married one year to the day after we met.
More like this story
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- State lifts avian flu restrictions in Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Avian flu case confirmed in Leavenworth County
- Brownback intervenes in auction of illegal deer heads
- Kansas' water conservation program draws shallow interest