Donna Haynes and Cheryl Heywood announce the engagement of their children, Sheryl S. Richardson, Kansas City, Kan., and Dan M. Heywood, Linwood.
The future bride is the daughter of Willie Haynes, Kansas City, Kan., and Donna Haynes, Kansas City, Kan. she is a graduate of Rowland High School, Rowland, Calif.
The future groom is the son of Roy Heywood, Green Castle, Mo., and Cheryl Heywood, DeSoto. He works for Kmart Distribution Center in Lawrence.
The couple plan an Aug. 26, 2000, wedding in Lawrence.
How they met
Sheryl tells us: We met through a rose salesperson at a dance club.
He bought me a rose and sat and talked with me for quite some time.
I fell for him the moment he said, "Hello."
We are getting married one year to the day after we met.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls