Student graduates from university
Lara Kettler graduated from the University of Kansas with a degree in elementary education. She is a member of the Golden Key National Honor Society. She has received the Grace M. Phinney Scholarship for the past three years. She currently is pursuing a master's degree in special education at KU. She is the daughter of Hubert and Sarah Kettler, rural Lawrence.
Nursing students earn experience
Senior nursing students at the University of Kansas School of Nursing are learning about the real world of nursing at area hospitals, clinics and health-care agencies.
Area students participating in the practicum experience are:
Sarah Olsen, Tonganoxie, Lawrence Memorial Hospital's mother/baby unit, Lawrence; Heather Trowbridge, McLouth, Children Mercy Hospital North's hematology and oncology unit, Kansas City, Mo.; Adrienne Weeks, Lansing, Children's Mercy Hospital's medical surgical unit, Kansas City, Mo.; and Kristen Hatfield, Leavenworth, University of Kansas Medical Center's medical intensive care unit, Kansas City, Kan.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Patrick Budy
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney