Area cities schedule fireworks
With the beginning of July comes of course the beginning of fireworks.
But not until Monday at least if you plan to shoot off fireworks within the city limits of Tonganoxie.
Barb Bennett at City Hall, said the shooting of fireworks is allowed from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday.
The three fireworks stands in town will be open from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m., Sunday through Tuesday.
Area fireworks displays may be viewed Tuesday in McLouth, beginning about 9:45 p.m., in Basehor, beginning at 9:15 p.m., and at Fort Leavenworth, beginning at dusk. At Fort Leavenworth, in the case of inclement weather, the display will be postponed to Wednesday or to the next clear night.
More like this story
- Lawrence Memorial Hospital 5K Run/Walk Tonganoxie race Saturday
- Annual St. Patrick's Parade set for March 14
- Tonganoxie Public Library picks winning name for humongous teddy bear
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Area communities offering wide array of holiday activities