Basehor chamber thanks area businesses
The Basehor Chamber of commerce held its annual Business Appreciation dinner June 20 at the First State Bank community room.
Basehor Mayor John Pfannenstiel welcomed the 37 chamber members and special guests.
He said the city encourages growth and future development with the completion of a new wastewater treatment facility early in 2001.
The guest speaker for the evening was John Watson, associate director of trade development with the Kansas Department of Commerce and Housing.
He discussed the efforts made at the state level to help Kansas businesses export goods and services. Total Kansas exports to international markets exceeded $4.8 billion in 1999.
Chuck Wilderson, president of the Basehor Chamber of Commerce, announced the three local businesses that would be honored at the annual Leavenworth Area Development Business and Industry Recog-nition and Awards Program: J.C. Nichols/Cross Creek Realty and Steven Rosenthal; Suburban Water and Ray Breuer; and Basehor-Linwood School District and superintendent David Pendelton. The awards were presented last Thursday at a luncheon in Leavenworth.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High boys soccer ties KC Christian on Senior Night, finishes regular season unbeaten
- Tonganoxie High soccer opens 4-1A regionals as No. 4 seed
- Monster 2nd quarter key in 45-7 Tonganoxie High victory; THS still undefeated heading into Week 9
- Piper boys end Tonganoxie's season at PHS
- Tonganoxie soccer seeks unbeaten mark