Newspaper to launch new column
In another month, look for a new column in The Mirror that will focus on society news about Tonganoxians.
We want to hear about your comings and goings, about who visited at your home and about whose home you visited.
"We publish Jarbalo Jottings and Springdale News, and it simply makes sense to add a third column to the mix," said Caroline Trowbridge, editor and publisher. "We look forward to this column starting with our July 19 edition."
Joyce Best, a Tonganoxie resident for the past nine years will pen this column, called Mirror Musings.
Best and her husband, Robert, have three grown children. Her youngest, Michelle, lives in Tonganoxie with her husband, Larry Brents, and 2-year-old son. Her other two children, Mark and Christy, both live in northcentral Alabama.
Best worked as a legal secretary for Michael Gibbens before quitting two years ago to stay home and baby-sit her grandson. Since 1989, she has owned Joyce's Janitors, a janitorial service in downtown Kansas City, Mo. Her husband is a building engineer in Kansas City, Mo.
Best collects dolls and antiques including her house and enjoys working in her yard. Her favorite pastime is reading, particularly historical fiction.
To have your information considered for publication, simply call Joyce Best, at 369-9454, or send an e-mail to her at: email@example.com. She's eager to hear from you.
More like this story
- MIdnight run for Tonganoxie cross country spreads to other fall sports for first-practice tradition
- Basehor-Linwood escapes Tonganoxie with 5-set victory; THS 7th at Rossville
- Tonganoxie School Board again tables contract decision for Parker; 200 attend meeting
- Tonganoxie volleyball falls in heartbreaker to Eudora
- Tonganoxie swimmer places at Sunflower State Games