Leavenworth County Sheriff
A vehicle driven by Justin Scott, 21, Ozawkie, was traveling west on U.S. Highway 24-40 about six miles east of Tonganoxie when he looked down to change the radio station and went off onto the shoulder striking a legally parked van about 11:45 p.m. Friday. Scott sustained a cut just above his left eye, was treated at the scene by paramedics. Both vehicles were damaged but no estimate was available, sheriff's reports said.
A vehicle driven by Kimberly Cook-Ogden, 38, Leavenworth, was traveling east on County Road 8, just west of Highway 73, when a deer ran out in the road at 1:30 p.m. last Wednesday. The deer was killed on impact, sheriff's reports said.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Another viable senior living option in Tonganoxie?
- Officials fear Kansas is complacent about tornado season
- Newell Rubbermaid to expand Winfield, add 320 jobs
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action