Dennis and Ethel Stevens
Dennis M. and Ethel M. Stevens, McLouth, will celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary with a reception for family and friends from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday at the Perry Community Building, Perry.
The couple were married on March 11, 1960 at the home Iva Torneden, Dennis Stevens' mother, in Lawrence.
Mr. Stevens was born in Winchester and raised in McLouth. He graduated from McLouth High School. Mrs. Stevens was born in Oskaloosa and graduated from Oskaloosa High School.
He was employed for 19 years at Lawrence Paper Co. in Lawrence. He currently is employed at Packer Plastics, Lawrence, and has been there 24 years. He also collects and rebuilds antique tractors. Mrs. Stevens was a homemaker until her children were in school. She is employed at Packer Plastics and has been there 28 years. She also has 28 years of perfect attendance at Packer Plastics. Mrs. Stevens also is a photographer.
The couple have four children, Randy Stevens and Michael Stevens, McLouth, Denise Stevens, Lecompton, and Penny Illig, Perry; and three grandchildren. The children and grandchildren will host the reception.
More like this story
- Study: Many Kansas Turnpike accident hotspots near Lawrence
- Toddler hospitalized after being struck by lawn mower
- Authorities investigating woman's death in northeast Kansas
- Donation account created for toddler injured in lawnmower accident
- Bonner Springs man identified as Perry Lake drowning victim