An unknown vehicle hit a vehicle owned by Tim Smith, Tonganoxie, between 10:30 a.m. and 2 p.m., March 21. Smith's vehicle was parked behind Gambino's in the 1200 block of Front Street, according to police reports.
Police officers stopped a vehicle near Third Street on U.S. Highway 24-40 at 6:30 p.m., Sunday. Two homemade, rolled cigarettes possible containing marijuana were found. The person suspected of using the alleged drug was arrested and released, pending results from the KBI, police reports said.
A 23-year-old man reported $240 worth of items stolen from his vehicle between 4 p.m. and midnight Saturday in the 300 block of Shoemaker Way. Reported missing were a $100 cellular phone and case, $50 and a CD worth $15, according to police reports.
A vehicle owned by John Thurston, Oskaloosa, was parked in the B & J Apple Market parking lot on March 16. When Thurston returned to his vehicle, he found the driver's side wheel well caved in, according to police reports.
Leavenworth County Sheriff
A 37-year-old Leavenworth man was traveling north about 3:45 p.m., Saturday on 166th street when his vehicle went into a ditch one-tenth of a mile south of Metro Avenue. He was taken to St. John's hospital. According to T.J. Terlaje, deputy with the Leavenworth County sheriff's office, the driver was under the influence of alcohol.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie USD 464 moving end-of-year balance to help cover facility improvements
- Resident asks to consider educational opportunities for former Tonganoxie Elementary School
- Tonganoxie USD 464 board discusses traffic issues at new school
- Tonganoxie school board begins superintendent search groundwork
- Tonganoxie City Council to have special meeting Thursday, regular meeting Monday