Tonganoxie put its best face forward
For four days recently, Tonganoxie put its best face forward.
Representatives of the Tonganoxie Chamber of Commerce sponsored one of the 500 booths at the combined Greater Kansas City Home Show and Kansas City Flower, Lawn and Garden Show. The show ran last Thursday through Sunday at Bartle Hall in Kansas City, Mo.
By all accounts, Tonganoxie representation at the show was a success. Many people visiting the show had heard about Tonganoxie from television weather forecasters or radio disc jockeys. But those people and folks who didn't have a clue about our city discovered at the booth that Tonganoxie is a great place to live, work and play.
Pat Albert, chairman of the Tonganoxie Chamber of Commerce, said he's in favor of sponsoring a booth next year.
Although the planning and execution of having a booth at the show required a great deal of hard work from several key chamber members, as well as monetary donations from area businesses, it obviously will pay off for the city. No one knows exactly when those benefits will be felt. It could be weeks or months away.
But the benefits will be felt.
More like this story
- State basketball wraps up during weekend
- Longtime Tonganoxie council members to square off in mayoral race
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities