Leavenworth County Sheriff
Kenneth Schelert, Tonganoxie, reported the theft of his lawn tractor from behind his house between 8 a.m. Thursday and 8:45 a.m. Friday. The estimated loss was $845, sheriff's reports said.
A vehicle driven by Sarah Meyers, 17, Tonganoxie, was traveling north on 171st Street last Thursday when her vehicle struck a deer. She drove off into a ditch. She was not injured and damages were over $500, according to sheriff's reports.
A vehicle driven by Donald Davis, 52, McLouth, and a vehicle driven by Adam Foster, 19, Easton, were stopped, waiting on a school bus at 7 a.m. Thursday. A vehicle driven by Darran Kowaleweski could not see because of the sun reflecting in his eyes, rear-ending Foster's car. Foster's car then hit Davis' car from the rear. Kowaleweski's vehicle suffered extensive damages. Foster's had minor damages and Davis' had none. There were no injuries, sheriff's reports said.
A vehicle driven by Rhonda Berry was struck from behind by another vehicle at 4:45 p.m. Saturday. Berry and two other passengers were taken to Cushing Memorial Hospital by EMS. The other driver was not injured. Berry and the other passengers were released, according to sheriff's reports.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Tonganoxie voters to use paper ballots Tuesday
- Tonganoxie City Council approves Mayor Ward's appointments
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department fire calls, April 13-May 3, 2015
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park